For those who have not completed the game, this page may contain spoilers regarding the plot. Discretion is advised.
|Area(s)||Valak Mountain (Three Sage Summit)|
|Spawn Time||Night during a blizzard|
|View Angle||120°||View Distance||29 M|
The Avalanche Abaasy is a Unique Monster and a Superboss in Xenoblade Chronicles. It is a member of the Dragon family, and can be found on Valak Mountain. At level 120, it ranks as the strongest enemy in the game.
It counters damage with an Instant Death spike and hence Divine Protect or Debuff Resist gems are recommended. The Instant Death spike can be disabled temporarily with Shulk's Monado Purge or by keeping the Avalanche Abaasy down with topple. It can also be temporarily protected from by one of Sharla's debuff protection arts (Cure Round or Cure Bullet).
High agility is recommended to have when preparing for fight to prevent attacks from always missing. Agility Up and Night Vision gems are recommended, as well as using skill links that increase agility or lower weight. Agility can increase even further by using Melia's Summon Wind art for the entire group.
- Ultra Playful Bite: Physical damage to a single target.
- Ultra Tail Strike: 120 degree frontal area attack. Inflicts topple on targets within range.
- Demon Purging Fire: Ether damage to all targets. Inflicts paralysis and blaze.
- Ultra Air Crush X (Talent Art): Inflicts extremely high damage to a single target.
- Craze Aura (red aura): Strength up and haste buffs.
- Awakening (blue aura): Levels up temporarily by 2-4 (random).
The Avalanche Abaasy deals large bursts of damage at fairly spaced intervals, and in particular its talent art can deal over 9,999 damage. If the party does not include Shulk (for Monado Shield), initiating a Chain Attack just before the demon purging fire attack (i.e. after the counter has reached 0) keeps the party members alive. In addition, when the dragon is targeting Reyn or Dunban for its talent art attack, its talent art can be neutralized by using Reyn's Last Stand or Dunban's Jaws of Death. The auras can be disabled by using Shulk's Monado Purge, Melia's Mind Blast, or Riki's Behave (craze only).
Using a topple lock exploit is the easiest method to victory. Any party consisting of members who can topple and easily boost the party gauge can easily maintain Topple by using Chain Attacks.
|Double attack rate||30%|
|Resistance||40% Physical, 60% Ether|
|Resistance direction||All directions|
|Spike||Counter, 100% instant kill|
- Total resist to daze, instant kill, sleep, bind, etc.
- Has resist on all debuffs (Not 100% immunity) except lock on and debuffs from Riki's Yoink! talent.
- Yoink! cannot steal anything from the Avalanche Abaasy (note that no items or points can be stolen from monsters if level differential between Riki and monster is 11 or higher).
- 100% topple rate. However, topple down time is cut to a third (1 second as opposed to the usual 3 seconds).
Note: This enemy does not drop weapons or armour in silver chests.
|Rare Dragon Crystal (V)||Daze Plus V / Daze Up V||50%|
|Debuff Resist V / Topple Up V||50%|
Note: This enemy does not drop non-unique weapons in gold chests.
|Unique Weapons||Rock Winder||10.4%|
|Unique Armours||Glory Armour||13.7%|
|Advanced Art Books||Shadow Eye||11.4%|
- An abaasy is a demon of ancient Turkish mythology, said to serve the lord of the dead. The abaasy demons are known for spreading destruction and for their malicious nature.
Avalanche Abaasy - One Chain Attack Kill (New Game Plus only)
Avalanche Abaasy - Damage Over Time Abuse
Avalanche Abaasy - Level 53 PT (Shulk/Dunban/Reyn)
Avalanche Abaasy - Level 62 Party Members (Melia/Reyn/Dunban, No Topple, No 4th/5th Skill Lines)
Engaging Abaasy Video