For those who have not completed the game, this page may contain spoilers regarding the plot. Discretion is advised.
|Area(s)||Valak Mountain (Three Sage Summit)|
|View Angle||120°||View Distance||29 M|
|Spawn Time||Night during a blizzard|
The Avalanche Abaasy is a Unique Monster and a Superboss in Xenoblade Chronicles. It is a member of the Dragon family, and can be found on Valak Mountain. It appears on Three Sage Summit after Egil is defeated for the last time. It spawns only at night, during a blizzard. At level 120, it ranks as the highest level enemy in the game.
|HP||Attack Power||Ether Power||Agility||Double Attack Rate||Critical Hit Rate||Physical Damage Resistance %||Ether Damage Resistance %||Orientation of Resistance|
|Art||Attribute||Strength Multiplier||Number of Hits||Range (meters)||Effect||Knockback||Blowdown/Daze|
|Ultra Play Bite||Physical||2.5 - 3.0||1||Single||-||-||-|
|Ultra Tail Strike||Physical||1.5 - 1.8||1||Frontal Arc||Topple||-||-|
|Demon Purging Fire||Ether||0.25 - 0.30||6||Centered around caster||Blaze|
|Ultra Air Crush X||Talent (Physical)||4.6 - 5.5||1||Single||-||Yes||-|
※1 The Avalanche Abaasy will activate its craze aura when its health is less than 70% of its total HP. Furthermore, it will also activate its awakening aura when its health is less than 30% of its total HP.
※2 The Avalanche Abaasy's topple duration is cut by half (1.5 seconds)
|Spike Type||Range (meters)||Damage/Debuff (Effect/%)|
|Break||◆||Lock-On||○||Physical Defence ▼||△||Agility ▼||△|
|Topple||▲||Bind||×||Ether Defence ▼||△||Aura Seal||△|
|Daze||×||Paralysis||△||Attack Power ▼||△||Arts Seal||×|
|Sleep||×||Slow||△||Ether Power ▼||△||Death||×|
|△ = 70% resistance|
|▲ = 100% resistance unless certain conditions are met|
|◇ = 70% resistance, but no resistance during chain attack|
|◆ = 100% resistance, but no resistance during chain attack|
|○ = no resistance|
|× = immune|
Note: This enemy does not drop weapons or armour in silver chests.
|Rare Dragon Crystal (V)||Daze Plus V / Daze Up V||50%|
|Debuff Resist V / Topple Up V||50%|
Note: This enemy does not drop non-unique weapons in gold chests.
|Unique Weapons||Rock Winder||10.4%|
|Unique Armours||Glory Armour||13.7%|
|Advanced Art Books||Shadow Eye||11.4%|
- Abaasy has a nasty counter spike that will KO any battle members that hits Abaasy too close. Equip Debuff Resist or Divine Protect gems (100%) to defend against the counter spike.
- for physical attackers, equip Agility Up (50) and Night Vision (50%) gems to increase the attackers' hit rate. Skill links can also be used to increase the hit rate of physical attackers.
- Ultra Air Crush X can be defended by either: Monado Shield LV10 (Shulk), Last Stand (Reyn), Jaws of Death (Dunban), etc. The last two requires the tank to have an aggro ring.
- Demon Purging Fire can be defended by either: Monado Armour (Shulk), Summon Ice (Melia), etc. Initiating a chain attack during the initiation of the Demon Purging Fire attack can also keep all the battle members alive, but keep in mind that most of the time, the battle members' HP will be 1.
- Use Behave (Riki), Mind Blast (Melia), or Monado Purge (Shulk) to remove the craze aura from Abaasy
- Reyn is a suitable tank to use in this battle because his volatile aggro from various arts is not affected by Abaasy's attacks and defenses. Keep in mind, however, that volatile aggro decreases gradually over time.
- Exploit: When a vision appears, simply run and hide behind the crystal. The attack will not only cancel, but Abaasy will not move at all. This requires Abaasy to be in the correct position and distance or else this won't work completely.
- An abaasy is a demon of ancient Turkish mythology, said to serve the lord of the dead. The abaasy demons are known for spreading destruction and for their malicious nature.
Avalanche Abaasy - One Chain Attack Kill (New Game Plus only)
Avalanche Abaasy - Damage Over Time Abuse
Avalanche Abaasy - Level 53 PT (Shulk/Dunban/Reyn)
Avalanche Abaasy - Level 62 Party Members (Melia/Reyn/Dunban, No Topple, No 4th/5th Skill Lines)
Engaging Abaasy Video
Avalanche Abaasy - LV99 Shulk, Dunban, Riki with builds