Bad Timing is a quest in Xenoblade Chronicles. It can be received from a trapped Nopon Researcher in Valak Mountain, in the northern part of the Great Glacier region. The Magma Rock is required to melt the Thick Ice Wall. If Sharla is in the active party, she will comment.
- "Defeat 4 Cunning Chilkins on Valak Mountain."
- After speaking with the Researcher, four level 41 Cunning Chilkins will spawn behind the party.
- "Return to the kidnapped Nopon."
"You helped the kidnapped Nopon who took some amazing information to the Research Team."
There are two ways the party can reach the Nopon Researcher. The path in which the Nopon Researcher waits is on the map, in the northeast corner of the Great Glacier region.
- From the Bionis' Wrist landmark, stick to the northern edge to encounter the Thick Ice Wall.
- From the Nofol Tower landmark, head north then west of the jutting rock formation.
- Sharla: "Could it be that the exit was blocked? It looks like we came along at a bad time."
- Nopon Researcher: "But there no way you lose to them."