| "Ma'crish was a fan of the cuisine Hoko used to make, and can't bear to eat anything else. Get Hoko to whip up a dish in his old style of cooking."
|| Unique Comments
|| Colony 6 (Reconstruction HQ)
|| 06:00 - 18:00
| Prerequisites: Access to Valak Mountain, Missing Lodger and Cook-Off Final Blow?! completed, ☆2.5, Reyn in the lead
| Objectives: |
- "Speak to Hoko."
- "Collect 2 Soya Paste Shells from Entma Kings on Valak Mountain."
- "Report back to Hoko."
- Two choices have to be selected when chatting with him. The outcome only affects the rewards received:
- A route "Make food that customers want"
- B route "Make food that I want"
- "Report back to Ma'crish."
| Rewards: |
| Results: |
Results (A route): "While Hoko vies for the top spot, Ma'crish has decided to start making her own cuisine."
Results (B route): "Hoko's old style of cuisine may not suit everyone but there is one patron who's very happy."
Cook-Off Showdown! is a quest in Xenoblade Chronicles. It can be received from Ma'crish in Reconstruction HQ in Colony 6. Reyn must be leading the party to trigger this quest. Completing this quest will unlock Reyn's fourth skill branch, Impatience.
Upon completion of this quest, the Affinity Chart will change:
- A route, if "Make what the customers want" is chosen:
After talking twice to Pokapoka, first from 6:00 - 9:00 or from 12:00 - 15:00, second from 9:00 - 12:00 or after 15:00 (until he goes to home):
- B route, if "Make what you want" is chosen (B route):
After talking to Pokapoka from 6:00 - 9:00 or from 12:00 - 15:00:
- The second conversation with Pokapoka, between 9:00 - 12:00 or after 15:00 (until he goes to home), is different from the first choice above and does not lead to a new affinity link.
- The HP Steal II gem is unique in the whole playthrough and can only be obtained after completing this quest by selecting the option "Make what you want" (B route).