|Area(s)||Satorl Marsh (Nopon Refuge)|
|View Angle||120°||View Distance||15|
|Spawn Time||Any, after completing Mechonis Core|
The Despotic Arsene is one of the five Superbosses in Xenoblade Chronicles. It is a member of the Bunnia family, and can be found at level 108 north of the Glowing Obelisk landmark in Satorl Marsh. As with most of the other Superbosses, the Despotic Arsene appears after finishing all story events in Mechonis Core. It is surrounded by weaker Bunnias, which are only level 20.
|HP||Attack||Ether||Agility||DA (%)||Critical (%)||PHY DMG resist||ETR DMG resist||Resist orientation|
|Topple||▲||Bind||△||Ether Defense↓||△||Aura Seal||△|
|Daze||×||Paralysis||△||Attack Power↓||△||Arts Seal||△|
Legend: △ = 70% resistance; ▲ = 100% resistance unless certain conditions are met; ◇ = 70% resistance, but no resistance during chain attack; ◆ = 100% resistance, but no resistance during chain attack; ○ = no resistance; × = immune
|Arts||Attribute||Strength Multiplier||# Hits||Range||Effect||Knockback||Blowdown/Daze|
|Emperor Blow||Physical||2.0 to 2.4||1||Single||Attack Power↓||-||-|
|Imperial Sobat||Physical||2.8 to 3.3||1||Frontal Arc||Bleed||Yes||-|
|Imperial Upper||Physical||2.75 to 3.25||1||Single||-||-||Yes/No|
|Emperor Combo X||Talent (Physical)||2.1 to 2.5||2||Single||-||-||Yes/Yes|
※1 Arsene will activate its awakening aura when its health is less than 30% of its total HP
※2 Arsene's topple duration is cut by half (1.5 seconds)
- Arsene's agility is 120. However, when accounting for the hit-rate penalty, its relative agility is 320. For physical attackers, it is helpful to boost their hit rate by: 1) equipping agility up, agility down, and/or night vision gems 2) have Melia in the party and keep at least 2 wind buffs active 3) link skills related to agility 4) use Dunban's Serene Heart
- When a vision appears, all of Arsene's attacks can be avoided by running away due to its short attack range.
- The battle can be exploited by kiting. Control a character that can easily aggro the target. Then simply run around the large rock while the other battle members attack the target. See video below to see how this is done.
- Emperor Combo X can be defended by using Monado Shield LV10 (Shulk). Reyn generally requires at least 9001 HP to successfully defend against the talent art with his Last Stand in the case where Arsene's maximum multiplier is applied. Running away can also cancel Arsene's attacks after a vision occurs. Putting Arsene to sleep can sometimes work, but it very often resists sleep.
- Use well-executed chain attacks to quickly kill Arsene.
|Materials||Bunnia Scent Wood||69%|
Note: This enemy does not drop weapons or armour in silver chests.
|Rare Bunnia Crystal (V)||Critical Up V / Poison Defence V||50%|
|Topple Resist V / Spike Defence V||50%|
Note: This enemy does not drop non-unique weapons in gold chests.
|Unique Weapons||Bonus Driver||16.8%|
|Unique Armours||Glory Gauntlets||14.4%|
|Advanced Art Books||Burninate||12%|
- Arsene Battle - LV52 PT (Melia, Shulk, Dunban) - "Kiting" Exploit
- Arsene Battle- 43 second kill, level 61 party members
- Engaging Arsene
- Arsene defeated with AI only - LV99 party with all skill branches and links. Only actions done were with party commands and activating burst affinity. Warning: Very low quality video.