For those who have not completed Xenoblade Chronicles X, this page may contain spoilers regarding the plot. Discretion is advised.
- "Does that displease you?"
- — Ga Jiarg
Ga Jiarg (Japanese: ガ・デルグ, Ga Derugu, Ga Dlg; English dub: /ɡə ˈdʒɑːrɡ/ or /ˈɡɑː ˈdʒɑːrɡ/), or Prince Jiarg to his subjects, is a character in Xenoblade Chronicles X. He is a Wrothian first seen speaking to Luxaar along with his companion Ga Buidhe. He then is seen retrieving a Ganglion mech from New Los Angeles. He was a prince who is only helping the Ganglion to prevent his people from being used as cannon fodder.
Upon defeat, he summons the Vasara and is immediately refought at level 35.
"A fierce warrior who wields both sword and Skell with stunning mastery. Adverse to underhanded tactics, he craves a fair and honest fight above all else."
After the party battles him in Sylvalum, he decides to dissolve the Wrothians' alliance with the Ganglion. He and Ga Buidhe are then seen rallying the Wrothians, no longer pawns of the Ganglion.
- Both the name Jiarg and the Japanese name Derugu are similar to dearg, the Irish and Scottish Gaelic words for red. Ga Jiarg's body is a vivid red in color.
- "It appears nothing is beneath me of late."
- "I never cared much for titles, Councilor Luxaar"
- "Oh, but how rude of me. My sincere apologies, Grandcouncilor."
- "And now, another city of innocents burns. All so they can lay claim to a single Skell...? Was this truly necessary? I have become party to madness."
- "Luxaar never ordered us to keep his secrets. Only to remember his precious title."
- "The Ganglion have bought our compliance, yes. But make no mistake--the Wrothians would never sell their pride."
- "Forgive me, Buidhe. I can suffer those villains' unjust orders no longer."
- "May the tides of war lift your fortunes!"
- "Councilor Luxaar--this is Mercenary Warlord Ga Jiarg, former prince of the kingdom of Wroth. It is with a heavy heart and deep regret that the Wrothian people are unable to carry out your mission to annihilate the human race. We realize this means we will no longer enjoy the benevolence of Ganglion patronage. So be it. The Wrothian people will make our way as an independent mercenary force, effective immediately. We look forward to settle our debt with you on some future battlefield. Until then..."
- "Ah, but what a shame. If only I could see the look on what that overgrown slug calls a face..."
- "From this day forth, we are lawless vagabonds, subject to no one! What say you to that, you Wrothian scoundrels?"