Gale Slash is one of Dunban's physical arts in Xenoblade Chronicles. The attack inflicts damage and Bleed on the enemy. It is also part of several two-art combo attacks: Worldly Slash, Tempest Kick, and Electric Gutbuster have bonus effects if used immediately after Gale Slash.
|Art Level||AP Cost||Power||Cooldown|
Gale Slash Combos
The combos may produce additional effects to the enemy:
- Gale Slash + Worldly Slash → May inflict Strength Down and Physical Defence Down.
- Gale Slash + Tempest Kick → Removes a buff.
- Gale Slash + Electric Gutbuster → May inflict Break.
- Damage is calculated based on the weapon's attack + Dunban's strength.
- The Bleed debuff occurs every two seconds, but lasts for only ten seconds.
- Executing Gale Slash combos without missing adds 20% to the Party Gauge.
- Gale Slash slides Dunban forward, meaning that if used on a small enemy, his back will be facing the enemy after the attack. This is a perfect opportunity for Dunban to follow up by using Thunder to Daze the enemy now behind him.
Art book sources
Intermediate art books are only available from shops.
The Gale Slash intermediate art books cost 5,400 G.
|Inferno Heinrich||Prison Island||4.1 %|
|Magnificent Digalus||Makna Forest||2.1 %|
|Despotic Arsene||Satorl Marsh||2.0 %|
|Balanced Palamedes||Central Factory||1.9 %|
|Temporal Gawain||Central Factory||1.9 %|
|Envy Gogol||Bionis' Leg||5.0 %|
|Sonicia Gogol||Tephra Cave||2.1 %|
|M38/ESSAY||Central Factory||1.6 %|
|Lelepago Pterix||Fallen Arm||0.9 %|
|Offensive Security Unit (normal)||Fallen Arm||0.9 %|
|Demon Pavlovsk (SE)||Prison Island||0.0 %|