Monado Cyclone is one of Shulk's Monado arts in Xenoblade Chronicles. The colour of the blade turns into a combination of white and gold. Ether particles are concentrated into the Monado, allowing Shulk to unleash a column of powerful Ether from the ground. Enemies within the area effect will be damaged by the Ether. Furthermore, any enemies that are inflicted with Break will be Toppled.
Monado Cyclone is one of the most situational Topple-inflicting arts in the game. Being a Monado art, Shulk only has access to it when his Talent Gauge is at max. It also depletes 100% of the Talent Gauge, and there may be other Monado Arts better-suited for certain situations. However, on the plus side, not only does this attack do serious damage, but it also allows Shulk to perform a Break + Topple + Daze combo completely by himself, with Stream Edge/Air Slash, Monado Cyclone, and Shaker Edge.
|Art Level||AP Cost||Power|
- Damage is calculated based on Shulk's current level and his Ether strength
- The AI will use this art when there are multiple enemies engaged in the battle field
- Shulk will learn this art after destroying the Apocrypha Generator.
- The symbol that appears on the Monado when Monado Cyclone is used is the kanji "轟", an onomatopoeia for "roar" or "boom" of the roaring thunder, in particular the roaring cyclone in this context (轟・サイクロン).
- Monado Cyclone is Shulk's only art that inflicts Topple.
- It is the 2nd most powerful Monado art Shulk has in terms of damage with only Monado Buster being higher.