Poppi α (Japanese: ハナ, Hana) is an artificial Special Blade in Xenoblade Chronicles 2. She was built by Tora as a robotic companion whom she calls "Masterpon". She has a powerful metallic body and perfectly practices the Nopon language. Although Poppi α is not a natural Blade awaken from a Core Crystal and Tora is not a Driver, they work as a kind of Driver and Blade duo during battle. She starts using the power of stone, then she can use any element. In battle, Tora can fight using the Drill Shield, particularly to attract enemies and direct their attacks on him while protecting his allies offering them offensive opportunities. Poppi α can be upgraded through the Poppiswap mechanism.
- Big Boost, Topple / Low HP ↑, Physical
- Steady Drill, Launched ↑, Physical
- Spinning Cutter, AOE / Aggro Up, Physical
- Rigid Shield, Defense, Defensive
- Poppi Spinning Slash - Attack all within range with spinning motion.
- Noponic Storm - Shoot out a vortex of ether created within the body.
- Poppi Drill - Charge with jet propulsion like a spinning drill.
- Jet Biter - Attack with the Big Mecha Biter (once charged).
- Pouch item types: Staple Foods, Instruments
- Pouch items: Fizz Juice (Drinks), Roly-Poly Maracas (Instruments)
- Main article: Poppiswap
As an artificial special Blade, Poppi α has its own Blade mechanics and a particular customization. By upgrading her, her element, role and skills can be changed thanks to items earned during a Tiger! Tiger! playthrough, a mini-game created by Tora.
|Playable Characters||Rex · Nia · Tora · Vandham · Zeke · Mòrag|
|Special Blades||Pyra · Mythra · Dromarch · Poppi α · Poppi QT · Roc · Pandoria · Brighid|
|Antagonists||Jin · Malos · Akhos · Mikhail · Patroka|