This article discusses an upcoming or recent release.
Info on this article is subject to change as more information becomes available.
All edits made to this article or section must be verifiable.
- "If such a place did exist, maybe we could all live in peace, without the need to fight."
- — Rex, about Elysium
Rex (Japanese: レックス, Rekkusu) is the main protagonist of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. He is a Driver who harnesses the power of a Blade named Pyra. She is also known as the legendary sword Aegis for which Rex is devoted to protect it. Together with Pyra, he goes on a quest to find her long-lost home, Elysium. Due to the Aegis' duality, Rex can drive the other incarnation of the weapon, the Blade Mythra.
Rex is designed by Masatsugu Saitō.
Rex grew up in the Fonsett Village of the Leftherian Archipelago. Rex lives on the back of Azurda whom he calls "Gramps" and be transformed into a small companion often standing inside his helmet. They travel through the sea of clouds overrunning the world of Alrest. Rex is a dynamic and vivid boy who earned his living by performing retrieve and rescue missions as a Salvager (サルベージャー, Sarubējā). His outfit allows to protect himself while saving people who get lost in the Cloud Sea, and while scavenging useful resources from beneath. One day, Rex meets the Blade Pyra and becomes a Driver, which allows him to forge links with other Blades.
- Aegis Sword
- Anchor Shot, Topple / HP Potion
- Sword Bash, Back attack ↑
- Double Spinning Edge, Side attack ↑
- Rolling Smash, AOE / Aggro down
- Strong Smash, Toppled ↑
- Axe Twist, AOE / Aquatic ↑
- Power Swipe, Launch
- Bold Tackle, Critical recharge
- Strong Horn, High HP ↑
- Power Spike, Break / Side Attack ↑
- Heavy Hitter, Aggro Down
- Feral Spin
- Daring Shot, High HP ↑
- Armor Crusher, Launched ↑, Pierce
- Grenade Launcher, AOE / Blowdown
- Sword Uppercut, Break
- Feral Blade, AOE / Aggro Up
- Breakdown, Aggroed ↑
- Dual Slash, Evasion
- Shield Hammer
- Iron Wall, Defense
- Diving Swing, AOE / Aggro up
- Power Hammer, Front attack ↑
- Mighty Beat
- Touchdown, HP Potion
- Brave Throw, Toppled ↑
- Strong Shoot, Attack Recovery
- Mighty Ball
- Knuckle Claws
- Feral Uppercut, Blowdown / Cancel ↑
- Grand Smash, HP Potion
- Mach Straight Punch, Back attack ↑
- Bullet Punch, AOE
A DLC for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild bringing "Rex's costume" to Link was released on November 9th, 2017. It offers the new side quest Collaboration: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 where Link has to discover three red treasures across Hyrule, each of them containing the Salvager Headwear, Vest and Trousers. These three pieces of the "Rex's costume" worn by Link grant him the bonus effect Swim Speed Up.
|Playable Characters||Rex · Nia · Tora · Zeke|
|Special Blades||Pyra · Mythra · Dromarch · Poppi α · Poppi β · Pandoria|
|Antagonists||Jin · Malos · Akhos · Mòrag|