This quest will expire if Romantic Notions of a Boy is completed instead.
Romantic Notions of a Girl is a Timed Quest in Xenoblade Chronicles. It can be received from Monica at the Military District, north of the Weapon Development Lab in Colony 9, once Tephra Cave is accessible after the Mechon have attacked Colony 9. This quest's objective is to obtain the Tephra Drop found inside Tephra Cave. If Melia is in the active party, she will comment.
Talking to Andreas after this quest is accepted will trigger Romantic Notions of a Boy. Both quests being mutually exclusive, only one of the two quests can be completed, as they both require the Tephra Drop.
Monica is infatuated with Erik, while Andreas is infatuated with her. If the party chooses to complete Romantic Notions of a Boy, Monica will end up with Andreas and seemingly lose interest with him over the course of the game. However, around the time the party arrives at Agniratha she will realise that she is better off with Andreas than Erik.
- "Obtain the Tephra Drop."
- "Return to Monica."
"Monica looks so happy now that she and Erik, who she cares for so much, are together at last."
Upon completion of this quest, the Affinity Chart will change:
Regardless of which path is chosen, when Shura is spoken to between 21:00 and 23:59, before the events at the Mechonis Core:
- Melia: "How interesting. Are you referring to a sort of local superstition?"
- Monica: "It's not a superstition! What's your angle, girl? Aha! You want it for yourself! Well too bad. I heard of it first!"
- Melia: "B-but...I... Ahem... I have no need to rely on such things, I'll have you know!"
- Monica: "Reeeally? Because your eyes are telling me quite the opposite! You DO have someone you wish to use it on, don't you?! Enough. First come, first served!"