The Segment Map is a tool in Xenoblade Chronicles X associated with the FrontierNav system. In order to efficiently collect information about Mira, the FrontierNav divides each Region of the world map in multiple hexagonal blocks, called Segments. These Segments are displayed on the Segment Map viewed on the Wii U GamePad.
The status of each segment can be instantly determined by displaying a icon in the Segment Map:
- A FN Site.
- A Data Probe installation place.
- The possibility of Skip Travel. The party can be instantly moved to the place where this icon is displayed, directly from the Wii U Gamepad.
- A segment where no information has been collected.
The coloring of the segment borders indicates the relative difficulty on the indigens in the area.
The places where missions are available are indicated, in a simple manner, by a topic mark in their related Segments:
- The location of a Tyrant, a particularly dangerous Miran creature.
- The location of a Treasure Box.
- A place that is a Normal Mission destination.
- A place that is an Affinity Mission destination.
- Segment recon is complete.
Note that segments may contain multiple Treasure Boxes or Tyrants, whereas only a particular box or Tyrant will qualify for recon. Citizens of New LA or attendants at BLADE Camps may occasionally be overheard with info on a particular segment.