The Stormy Belagon (Japanese: 暴風のベルラガン, Bōfū no Beruragan) is a Unique Monster in Xenoblade Chronicles. It is a member of the Kromar family and can be found at level 87 at the Kromar Coast, in Eryth Sea.
|Combo||Physical||1.3 – 1.5||3||Single||-||Yes (2)||-|
|Smash||Physical||1.55 – 1.75||3||Single||-||-||No/Yes|
|Beastman Curse||Ether||-||-||Circle around caster||Arts Seal||-||-|
|Foot Trap||Ether||1.3 – 1.5||1||Single||Bind||-||-|
|Hypnotic Light||Ether||1.3 – 1.5||1||Circle around caster||Sleep||-||-|
|Break||70%||Lock-On||0%||Physical Def. ▼||0%||Agility ▼||0%|
|Topple||100% ※||Bind||0%||Ether Def. ▼||0%||Aura Seal||0%|
|Daze||100% ※||Paralysis||0%||Strength ▼||100%||Arts Seal||70%|
※ Except under certain conditions
|Ether Up V / Slow V||25.0%|
|Ether Up V / Spike Defence V||25.0%|
|Empire Pike||2 slots||8.1%|
|Will-o'-Wisp Staff||2 slots||5.4%|
|Meteor Staff||3 slots||3.2%|
|Lancelot Gear||1 slot||11.5%|
|Lancelot Leggings||1 slot||9.6%|
|Lancelot Boots||1 slot||6.5%|
|Z Attack Arms||1 slot||5.8%|
|Sun Staff||3 slots||14%|
|Conviction Blades||3 slots||2.1%|
|Endless Rifle||3 slots||1.8%|
|Advanced Art Books|
- Belagon has a counter sleep spike. Because of this, the party members should be geared up with sleep resist or debuff resist gems to nullify and help cope with the effect.
- It is immune to strength down.
- It will use some nasty arts that debuff targets. Notably, Arts Seal, Sleep, Bind, and Daze.
- Quick Party Affinity Trick: His aura can also be used in such a way as to quickly raise affinity between characters. Once an ally is put to sleep, the controlled character can help wake up the sleeping ally and gain 2 hearts worth of affinity each time. The most effective strategy to do this is by equipping a max Sleep Resist or Debuff Resist gem on your controlled character only. This way, your character can wake up the remaining party members almost constantly throughout the fight. Since max Sleep Resist crystals are only dropped by the Caura Balgas and UM Balgas toward the end of the game, it is recommended you use Debuff Resist instead, as its Rank V crystals are easily obtained by topple-locking level 98 Deinos Sauros in Makna Forest once Shulk gets the Monado Cyclone talent art (assuming you are not severely under-leveled or have decent Night Vision gems). The best method to farm this gem is by quick-traveling to the Glowmoss Trihenge landmark and finding the Deinos northeast of there but before Decayed Forest, as the UM Magnificent Digalus that counters with topple spike is located there.
- Since Melia and Sharla tend to stand farther away from targets to attack, it is recommended that you control them if you are attempting to raise their affinity with other characters. This is not entirely necessary, however, as you can "push" your other party members within Belagon's sleep spike Aura range by running into them repeatedly. Other strategies to help you streamline this affinity exploit is by equipping extremely weak weapons on the two AI-controlled party members so that the battle takes as long as possible, giving you many more burst affinity and encouragement opportunities. Even yet another strategy is to take out the two accompanying Kromars first, then try to manipulate Stormy Belagon's movements so that he backs the AI-controlled party members up against the hillside and away from the cliff. This way, both or one of them will fall asleep almost instantly, allowing your controlled character to effectively stand between them repeatedly mashing B for the duration of the fight. Once he is defeated, save in front of the High Entia door behind where he spawns, then reload until he appears again. Using these methods, it should not take long at all to have maxed out affinity between all party members.