For those who have not completed Xenoblade Chronicles 2, this page may contain spoilers regarding the plot. Discretion is advised.
Superboss is the unofficial term used on this Wiki to designate the only enemies above level 99 in the Xenoblade Chronicles series. They are Unique Monsters but not Bosses per se. Nevertheless they are the strongest enemies in their respective games.
In Xenoblade Chronicles
Except for the Final Marcus, the Unique Monsters that are over level 100 in Xenoblade Chronicles will always be red-tagged regardless of the party's level. The red tags augment the Unique Monsters' agility, damage resistance, and damage dealt to targets. These level 100+ Unique Monsters also have several special abilities. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Resistance to Aura Seal, etc.
- Damage resistance
- Topple counter mechanism, such as topple damage spike or topple time reduced
- Immunity to Daze, Sleep, Arts Seal, Strength Down, etc.
- Unusually high attack power (however, physical art power multipliers are generally lower than normal)
- Extremely strong damage/debuff spike
- Level X (10) talent arts
- Unleashes Crazed or Awakening Aura, or both when HP is low
These unique monsters appear after the events of Mechonis Core, except for Final Marcus, which appears starting on the first visit of Valak Mountain. All of the superbosses in Xenoblade Chronicles can drop any part of the Glory armour set; they also all drop the rare Veritas Glyph, needed for a Love Source.
- Final Marcus can be found at level 100 at Three Sage Summit only at night in Valak Mountain. It deals close range spike damage and can double attack very frequently.
- Ancient Daedala can be found at level 105 to the east of the Wreckage Beach landmark on the Fallen Arm. It can detect targets at a very long range in all angles. It fires a powerful laser at the party on sight. It deals Ranged Spike damage. It is also the only source of Heat Sink Cylinders and level 5 Night Vision Cylinders.
- Despotic Arsene can be found at level 108 north of the Glowing Obelisk landmark in Satorl Marsh. It can continually cast haste on itself to increase its auto-attack speed. It is the only source of Critical Up crystals.
- Blizzard Belgazas can be found at level 114 at the very end of Valak Mountain, at the Great Glacier, which is east of the Bionis' Wrist landmark. It has a large topple damage spike. In addition, many of its arts receive massive buffs during a blizzard. It is the only source of AP Up and Talent Boost crystals.
- Avalanche Abaasy can be found at level 120 in Three Sage Summit in Valak Mountain at night during a blizzard. It has an Instant Death counter Spike and can frequently double attack. It is the only source of level 5 Daze Up crystals.
In Xenoblade Chronicles 2
In Xenoblade Chronicles 2, most of the superbosses can only appear after the start of the final chapter.
- Gladiator Orion can be found at level 100 at the Hallowed Godswood Shrine, near Jubilee Gate on the Cliffs of Morytha. Unlike the others, he can be battled when the party first reaches the area.
- Reeking Douglas can be found at level 104 in the Brigands' Hideout on the right upper level of Gormott Province.
- Pernicious Benf can be found at level 109 at the Aegishammer on Temperantia.
- Cloud Sea King Ken can be found at level 110 near the Central Ether Boulder in the Kingdom of Tantal, but only when it is foggy.
- Mk. VII Arek can be found at level 114 on Lv. 4, Megrez in the World Tree.
- Artifice Ophion can be found at level 117 at the Gotrock Oracle Ruins on the Cliffs of Morytha.
- Chickenheart Dagmara can be found at level 120 in the Old Factory in the Empire of Mor Ardain.
- Tyrannotitan Kurodil can be found at level 130 in the Profaned Place on Temperantia.
- Engaging Marcus Video
- Engaging Daedala Video
- Engaging Arsene Video
- Engaging Belgazas Video
- Engaging Abaasy Video