The Wandering Amon (Japanese: 放浪のアモン, Hōrō no Amon) is a Unique Monster in Xenoblade Chronicles. It is a member of the Eks family, and can be found at level 98 at night near the ether crystal deposit on Bionis' Right Elbow on Valak Mountain.
|Butt||Physical||1.8 - 2.0||1||Single||Bleed||-||-|
|Gore||Physical||2.3 - 2.5||1||Single||-||-||Yes/No|
|Ultra Butt||Physical||2.8 - 3.0||1||Single||Bleed||-||-|
|Ultra Gore||Physical||3.3 - 3.5||1||Single||Bleed||-||Yes/No|
|Break||◆||Lock-On||○||Physical Def. ▼||○||Agility ▼||△|
|Topple||▲||Bind||×||Ether Def. ▼||○||Aura Seal||○|
|Daze||▲||Paralysis||○||Attack Power ▼||○||Arts Seal||△|
|Sleep||○||Slow||△||Ether Power ▼||○||Death||×|
|△ = 70% resistance|
|▲ = 100% resistance unless certain conditions are met|
|◇ = 70% resistance, but no resistance during chain attack|
|◆ = 100% resistance, but no resistance during chain attack|
|○ = no resistance|
|× = immune|
- There are a few weak enemies surrounding the Wandering Amon, so it is best to eliminate these enemies before engaging the battle. Dunban can use Soaring Tempest and Heat Haze against these weak enemies to fill the Party Gauge. Additionally, Dunban can use Demon Slayer as a finishing blow against a weak enemy to make the Wandering Amon fall down.
- The Wandering Amon has very high attack power (1,945) and agility (146). Use strength down debuff to reduce its attack power. It has some resistance against agility down debuff.
- Like other Eks, it has no resistance to paralysis. Debuffing it with paralysis will slow down its auto attack rate to 25%.
- It has a counter damage spike (1,000) with a radius of 8 units. Purge, Topple, and/or equip with spike defence gems to defend against the spike. Long range attackers can easily avoid receiving spike damage.
- All of the Wandering Amon's attacks are physical, so they are easy to counter by using Monado Speed (Shulk).
|Golden Eks Heart||69%|
Note: Even though this enemy is an Eks, the crystals it drops are Ponio crystals.
|Quick Step V / Daze Tension V||21.4%|
|Quick Step V / Topple Plus V||21.4%|
|Forma Spear||1 slot||7.3%|
|Conviction Blades||3 slots||5.4%|
|Regal Daggers||1 slot||4.9%|
|Wyvern Cutlass||3 slots||3.8%|
|Hierax Bottoms||1 slot||12.2%|
|Z Power Goggles||1 slot||9%|
|Gracielle Chest||1 slot||8.2%|
|Ledios Cuisses||1 slot||6.4%|
Note: This enemy does not drop non-unique weapons in gold chests.
|Advanced Art Books|